Next year the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), together with the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), the European Environment Agency (EEA), the European Medicines Agency (EMA), and the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre are hosting ONE – Health, Environment, Society – Conference 2022, taking place in Brussels (and via live web streaming) from 21 to 24 June 2022.
The four-day scientific programme will examine food and feed safety from a broader perspective of food safety systems, focusing on the need to implement a “One Health – One Environment” approach and exploring possible developments of risk assessment science.
Don’t miss the chance to participate in this exciting debate, addressing key topics on the EU political agenda: the call for abstracts for poster presentations is now open and will run until 15 September 2021. Contributors are invited to submit their abstracts under one of the conference thematic sessions, which are clustered into four main tracks: One society, One life, One planet and Many ways.
engaging and communicating with others
|* Engaging within an evolving food safety ecosystem: opportunities and challenges|
* Making a difference: bridging research to policy
* Putting science in context: the future of social sciences in risk analysis
* Turning open science into practice: a showcase on causality
better protecting human health
|* The challenge of human nutrition on an exhausted planet: securing sustainable and healthy diets for all|
* Safety assessment development needs for innovative food/feed products and technologies
* Infectious diseases, from emergence to pandemics: improving understanding and preparedness
* Antimicrobial resistance in food producing environments
better protecting plant, animal and environmental health
|* Towards a framework for sustainability assessments|
* Towards a systems-based approach for the environmental risk assessment of pesticides
* Protecting plants in the age of globalisation
* Animal welfare and the search for sustainability
making sense of data
|* Augmenting human minds: artificial intelligence and big data in risk assessment|
* Combined exposure to multiple chemicals
* Non-animal methodologies in risk assessment
* Endocrine disruptors: present challenges and future directions
* Microbiomes, chemicals and host health: an unresolved triad
For more detailed info on the thematic sessions, please check out the conference website.
Submit your abstract and join us in June 2022 for a unique, multidisciplinary scientific event that will give you the opportunity to exchange knowledge and grow your professional network.